πŸŽ€ We Finally Visited the Hello Kitty Cafe... and It Was Kawaii Overload! πŸŽ€

If you've ever dreamed of stepping into a world filled with pastel colours, adorable treats, and all things kawaii, then the Hello Kitty CafΓ© on the Gold Coast is a must-visit. It had been on my bucket list for a little while and, as one of the newest themed cafΓ©s in Australia, it's quickly become a must-visit destination for Hello Kitty and Sanrio fans, as well as anyone who loves unique dining experiences and Instagram-worthy spots!

It's a bit of a road trip for us from Brisbane's northside, but it was my birthday, so I wanted to do something special—haha! From the moment we walked through the doors, we were surrounded by adorable dΓ©cor, cute character details, and plenty of pink. Of course, we couldn't leave without sampling some of the food and drinks, browsing the exclusive merchandise, and snapping far too many photos along the way!

πŸŽ€ First Impressions

It's bigger than I imagined, with a decent-sized seating area and a separate merchandise shop next door. I made a beeline for the merchandise first, but I was also excited to check out the menu and order the yummiest, cutest things I could find.

The cafΓ© had a gorgeous display cabinet filled with delicious sweet treats, alongside a menu of drinks and freshly prepared hot food.

πŸŽ€ Instagram-Worthy Spots

My favourite photo spots were the beautiful wall dΓ©cor for selfies, the merchandise shop (where there are so many cool treasures to discover—I spent far too long deciding which shirt to buy!), and, of course, the food itself.

πŸŽ€ What We Ordered

I ordered the strawberry cheesecake, a latte, and the cookie decorating kit. (It's my birthday, so I'll eat whatever I want for lunch!) The cheesecake was creamy, fresh, and absolutely divine. It was very sweet, though—but I guess that's to be expected when it's covered in strawberry chocolate!

My support worker ordered the fries and chicken bento box. Honestly, it was worth it just for a photo of the adorable rice! The servings were very generous and looked delicious.

My friend ordered the high tea, which also included the cookie decorating kit. It looked fantastic and was excellent value for money. I'd highly recommend it.

We were all very happy with our meals and ended up taking home leftovers because we simply couldn't finish everything. The service was also top-notch, with friendly, attentive staff who made the experience even more enjoyable.


πŸŽ€ Merchandise

There was a great range for such a small shop, with everything from T-shirts and plushies to mugs, drink bottles, jewellery, and more.

The prices were what you'd expect for official Hello Kitty merchandise, so don't come looking for bargains—haha! But it was my birthday, remember, so I was absolutely allowed to bring home a new shirt and a Kuromi plush. Those are the rules—I didn't make them!

She's my favourite. I turned 47 on this day and have Kuromi bedding... don't tell anyone. 🀫

πŸŽ€ Who Will Love It?

Perfect for:

  • Hello Kitty fans
  • Sanrio collectors
  • Families
  • Couples
  • Birthday celebrations
  • Instagram lovers
  • Tourists visiting the Gold Coast

πŸŽ€ Final Thoughts

The Hello Kitty CafΓ© is such a fun place to visit, even if it's just once. It's perfect for a special day out, taking the cutest Instagram photos, and treating yourself to some delicious food.

I also thought the prices were quite reasonable considering the experience, and the food was both tasty and beautifully presented. Bringing home a little souvenir to remember the day made it even better!

Accessibility Information

🎟️ Cost

Entry is free. You'll only pay for whatever food, drinks, or merchandise you choose to purchase.

πŸ—“️ When

Open every day. Check current opening hours before visiting.

πŸ“ Where

Food Court – Pacific Fair

Hooker Boulevard, Broadbeach QLD 4218

♿ Companion Card

Not required.

😊 Customer Service

Amazing! The staff were friendly, attentive, and provided quick service.

πŸ§‘‍🦽 Wheelchair Access

The cafΓ© is located inside Pacific Fair, which is wheelchair accessible throughout.

πŸš— Parking & Transport

Ticketless parking is free for up to four hours. If you're staying longer, just remember your licence plate number when paying. Valet parking is also available if you're feeling fancy!

πŸ”’ Security

We visited during the daytime, and the shopping centre felt safe with a relaxed, tourist-friendly atmosphere.

🐾 Pet Policy

Accredited assistance dogs are welcome. Pet dogs are not permitted inside the shopping centre.

🧘 Quiet Spaces

N/A

πŸ” Food Options

The menu offers a surprisingly good range of options, including bento boxes, signature drinks, sweet treats, hot snacks, grab-and-go pastries, and coffee.

There isn't currently an online menu to browse, but honestly, half the fun is deciding once you get there!

πŸ‘₯ Crowds

Considering we visited on a Sunday in one of the Gold Coast's busiest tourist areas, the crowds were very manageable. It was certainly busy, but we found a table easily and never felt cramped.

Information correct at the time of our visit on 31 May 2026.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Found the Messiest Thing to Do in Maleny—and It Was So Much Fun

Weird, Wonderful & Totally Worth It: Ripley's Believe It or Not! Gold Coast